Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Ghost Fun Adventures" Cast- Take 1

Considering in my last post, I proudly displayed some of my most poorly drawn comics ever (albeit one of my favorites), I figured this time around I should probably show you guys something that actually took me a little bit of time and effort.

So I've been working now with Andrew Ford, Ben Vigeant, and Mike Antonucci on a short, animated pilot. As of now, we've been tossing a few ideas around and have been trying to establish the characters and the story. If all goes well, at the end of this tunnel we'll have a nice 5 minute piece of animation that we can shop around. Right now, it's tentatively titled "Ghost Fun Adventures" until we can come up with a real, usable name. The pitch is, what Venture Brothers did for Johnny Quest, "Ghost Fun Adventures" will do for Sherlock Holmes. In the late 1880's, a young paranormal detective, Reilly St. James, and his curmudgeonly biographer, George Eves, get themselves into scrapes all over the world with ghosts, monsters, demons, and petty arguments over pretty much everything.

These drawings are from the summer of 07, and as such, a few changes have been made. Reilly has been almost completely redesigned, and I'm in the process now of redesigning Carla Trantollo, the gypsy-looking, love interest one. But I'm definitely excited about this project, and I'm especially excited that my drawings are going to be animated by a competent animator.

So, yeah, here goes.







From left to right, Reilly St. James, the paranormal detective, Carla 'Gitana' Trantolo, a Miss Cleo/'Crossing Over with John Edwards' parody and one time love interest to Reilly, George Eves, a Civil War vet and reporter, now Reilly's biographer, Bryon "Bingo" St. James, a mix between Mycroft Holmes and Buster Bluth, Reilly's mentally disabled, fatass brother, Ignatious Steelehart, a charming Southerner and head of a secret government agency whose job it is to cover up the paranormal, and Captain Charles Cutlass, a villianous ghost pirate who really doesn't seem to like Reilly.

More updates soon, I promise.

With love,
SW

No comments: